A colleague and I were just chatting about time efficient ways to incorporate more assessment activities in our writing courses, and we began talking about the value of self-assessment in the writing process. Here are some quick resources on the subject:
- Joi Montiel, Empower the Student, Liberate the Professor: Self-Assessment by Comparative Analysis, 39 S. Ill. U. L.J. 249 (2015).
- Olympia Duhart & Anthony Niedwiecki, Using Legal Writing Portfolios and Feedback Sessions as Tools to Build Better Writers, 24 Second Draft 8-9 (Fall 2010).
- Texas A&M Writing Center, Self-Assessment
- Northwestern University, The Writing Place, Performing a Writing Self-Assessment
- Stanford University, Teaching Commons, Student Self-Assessment
- Andrade, H. & Valtcheva, A. (2009). Promoting learning and achievement through self-assessment. Theory Into Practice, 48, 12-19.
- Nielsen, K. (2014). Self-assessment methods in writing instruction: A conceptual framework, successful practices and essential strategies. Journal of Research in Reading, 37(1).